Saturday, September 14, 2013

Hola' From Costa Rica

Hola from Mal Pais Costa Rica! We are alive and pretty well.  The pretty well is due to a nasty cold running through the family and a few bumps in the road in the last few days..I'll fill you in on those in my next post! 
So we made it here on Monday the 9th after a LOOOONG wait at LAX airport and a 6 hour red eye flight, which the baby did not sleep through, nor did I of course!  Its funny because the things I have worried the most seem to have gone soo very smoothly like our luggage and how much it would cost to get it on the plane, which ended up being way less than we anticipated (by Gods grace Im sure). Also upon arrival at San Jose airport I was so worried our driver would not show up or we would not fit our luggage in the van, but both worked out just fine...of course! Now we are in the rental we had arrange before hand for a month and it is really quite spectacular.  The views and location are beyond beautiful! The owners live just next door and they are so very kind and down to earth! The house is an open air house which means there are no solid walls..Including in the banos :0.. But all in all it is giving us a first had Costa Rican experience. We are making most of our own meals, getting fresh fruit at the organic market in Santa Teresa and fresh fish at the fishing dock in Mal Pais every day. We eat fresh fruit for breakfast along with fresh made juice every morning. We eat eggs and tortillas with fruit for lunch and make fish almost every night for dinner, except tonight we wanted a little chicken to mix it up a bit.  All very simple but very satisfying! It is taking us a bit to adjust to the simplicity, we as americans have everything at our fingertips and in an abundance!  I really want some coconut oil but cannot find it in any of the local stores...say what, I thought I was in coconut paradise?  So I resorted to the fact I will just make my own.  The Owners wife is a native Costa Rican raised right here in Mal Pais and she was chopping open coconuts right and left for us. I am so excited to glean a little wisdom from her!  So i have so much to share but I will keep each exciting thing for a new post. 


This is the beautiful view we have from our back porch in the rental house we are in for a month.  
 This is the beach you see in the back ground of the above picture, it is pretty much our own private beach except for some surfers that come in the mornings and evenings.








This is the view of the house from the walk back from the beach.

Tobias try his darndest to open a coconut! :)


These two spend hours building rafts, collect coconuts and just exploring their new environment! Makes me so happy for them!!
This was our first morning making fresh fruit, Juice and Cafe for breakfast.


Our breakfast spread
The kiddos eating their delicious breakfast in paradise.
My Breakfast spot of choice...The back porch. This has become an everyday thing!


Tito and his find of the day...a HUGE hermit crab!
Ahh, and my devotions spot, although I find the back porch a better place to read and pray!



Buenas from Costa Rica 

4 comments:

Sarah W. said...

Oh Abby, I love all of this!! Be blessed!! :)

Hodge News said...

Awesome Abby, looks just wonderful, can't wait to visit!
Love you all,
Ma

Anonymous said...

Oh Abby, this is unbelievable! What an incredible blessing. I'm so sad I had to miss our get together before you left...I so wanted to hear the whole story of your adventure! Jealous of your devotions spot... :) Darcy White

Jennifer Browning said...

Beautiful! Read T's post too. What an adventure. So glad little H is okay. Praying for you all.