Saturday, December 29, 2012

Bearing Fruit


In Matthew 7 it tells us that they will know us by our fruit.  So, how do we know we are producing fruit.   In John 15 it tells us specifically that He is the vine and we are the branches and those who remain in Him will produce much fruit.  ...Okay I am in Him so I produce fruit? Yes but it may not be much! I for one feel like the fruit I have produced lately has been meager at best....Why?  It also says in John 15 that we are to ABIDE in Him and he in us, well how much abiding in Him are you and I doing.  The more we ABIDE in Christ, allow ourselves to be conformed to his image, become one with His will for us, choose His will over ours, are intimate and walking divinely with Him the more fruit we will bear, possibly even better or more beautiful fruit (just my thought :)).  Now beware, we all go through a season of pruning, John 15;2 every branch that bears fruit He prunes that it may bear more fruit.  Ever wonder why you always feel like your being pruned...i do!
Fellow lovers of Christ go bear much fruit, dwell in Him, abide in Him and bring glory to your
Father in heaven!

Much Love,
~Abigail






3 comments:

Kristal said...

Thank you for that encouragement today. Just what I needed from one of the most beautiful souls I know. God inspired of course. :)

Abigail said...

I love you Ms. Kristal....

Simple Life Journey said...

Feeds my soul. I love the scriptures and pondering them.